Medically reviewed and approved by Nataniel Josue M.D.
How can I workout at home to lose weight? What is the fastest way for a female to lose weight? I don’t like people to see me sweating, and I don’t like gyms because they smell of sweat; I’m not too fond of the kind of people who go to the gym, I don’t have time, or I can’t afford it. So you decide to train at home and start having a healthier and more active life. If this is your case, I congratulate you, and I’m going to give you a series of tips so that you can do it in the best way.
How can I lose weight at home if I am always hungry?
The Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics concludes that the best way to lose weight at home is behavioral self-control. This self-control involves setting a goal, increasing caloric expenditure, and lowering caloric intake by tracking advances or setbacks for greater awareness.
How can women exercise at home to lose weight?
Take it easy
I will train three hours a day from Sunday to Sunday, and you will have a perfect body in a month. Calm down; the first thing you have to know is that you have to start smoothly; you have to start little by little. It doesn’t matter if
Ten years ago, you were a high-performance athlete, or two months ago, you were training.
You can start harder if you were training and already had an intense workout last week. Otherwise, it’s best to start very smoothly.
The first thing to do is to start very smoothly to adapt and avoid injuries. I recommend that you do one of those internet routines that come with a comfortable level, to begin with. Don’t start with the medium level or the advanced level.
We should start easy because we will avoid injuries, dizziness, and vomiting in extreme cases. I recommend that you increase the intensity every week, either in the number of repetitions or in training time.
Take care of your diet.
If, in addition to training at home, you want to lose weight, there are certain things
that you should avoid and others that you should do like:
- Don’t skip breakfast.
- Avoid deficient calorie diets or fad diets where you only eat soup or one type of food. These diets work first, but your metabolism is so slow that you gain weight quickly when you stop doing them.
- Avoid consuming too many calories in your drinks. Juices, sodas, alcohol, and even some prepared coffees can be high in calories.
- Don’t weigh yourself every day.
- Be careful with products that say low fat or low sugar. You want to limit your intake of fat and refined sugar, but low-fat or low-sugar products can be high in calories.
- You should drink at least eight glasses of water.
- Finally, you should do some physical activity every day. Exercise will help you lose weight and keep it off afterward.
You may be interested in “How many times should I eat a day to lose weight fast?“
I don’t know if you knew that muscle grows or develops while it’s at rest. That’s why we can’t train the same group of muscles every day. One day you have to do legs, another day arm, shoulders, back, and so on so that the tissues do not get tired.
Another super important piece of advice is that you should leave at least one day a week in which you should not do anything at all. The body needs rest. We are not high-performance athletes, and that is why we must take that day of total rest.
Plan your workouts in advance
What do I do today? Do I train my abs or legs? We can’t allow this. That is why we must plan our routine.
It is essential to plan the workouts to know how much time we have, which muscle groups we are going to work and how often we will do it. Plan your routine or download it from the internet, then write it down on a piece of paper or your smartphone, so you have it there. This way you won’t waste time, and you’ll know what to do every day.
You may be interested in “What workout plan is best for me? Choose the appropriate one for you.“
You have to be sure that you will have days when you are hesitant to train. You’ll be telling yourself, I want to workout, but I don’t feel like it.
I know that training at home is challenging because you have to fight against yourself. You want to lie on the couch watching TV, you want to eat ice cream, or you want to go out with your friends for a beer. After all this inner struggle, you’re exhausted, and you think, I’m not going to train.
An extraordinary way to motivate yourself is with music. Look for the kind of music that encourages and activates you. It doesn’t matter if it’s classical, reggaeton, or dance music. The important thing is that you like it and it encourages you.
You may be interested in “How can I improve my mood and energy? 7 techniques to feel good“.
If you have any pain or injury, go to the doctor
If your knees, hips, or shoulder hurt severely or you have an injury, I strongly recommend seeing your doctor. It would be best if you found out what exercises you can and cannot do.
How much should I exercise each week to lose weight?
The Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans recommend that adults who want to lose fat and be healthier should exercise at a moderate intensity of 150 to 300 minutes per week. If you do high-intensity exercise, the recommended approximate amount is 75 to 150 minutes per week.
You may be interested in “What sport gets you in the best shape? Fifteen sports you should practice.“
Which exercise is best for weight loss at home?
A thorough scientific study showed that aerobic exercise with significant energy expenditure effectively reduces body fat mass. The increase in caloric expenditure of between 400 and 600 kcal per session produces a remarkable reduction in body fat of 5%.
We always recommend accompanying aerobic exercise with a toning workout. Below I will give you a routine that you can do at home, and they will not take more than 10 minutes.
Exercise routine to lose weight and tone up women.
Now I’m going to give you an exercise chart to tone up that won’t take you more than 10 minutes a day. If you want to accompany this toning with continuous slimming, you must do 30 minutes of aerobic exercise 3 times a week.
|Jumping Jacks||3×90 sec|
|Plank Taps||15×30 reps.|
|Cross leg mountain climbers||3×10 reps.|
What exercises should a woman do to lose weight?
Training at home without the need for equipment is possible and also useful. Therefore we can speed up our heart rate, increase our caloric intake, and accelerate our metabolism without going to the gym.
Furthermore, for this 10-minute routine, you don’t need any equipment, just your body, and your desire to improve your physique.
You also have to know that you can do it in your living room or bedroom; the best time not to make excuses is just getting up and fasting. Warm-up a bit by moving your legs and arms, and let’s start!
- Start with your legs together, step forward with your left leg, bend your knees, keeping your right knee in line with your right ankle.
- Then keep your hip aligned with your left knee, alternating with the other leg.
- Do three sets of 15 repetitions with each leg. After each set, rest for 30 seconds and then start again.
- Lie on your stomach, put your hands just at shoulder height, keep your body aligned.
- Then, from this position, stretch your arms out and bend them back with your body straight.
- Do three sets of 10 repetitions. After each set, rest for 30 seconds.
- That is a lifelong exercise and very useful. Stand up straight with arms and legs together.
- Later you jump by opening your arms and legs; you return to the initial one of a jump from this position.
- Make three series of 90 seconds. After every series, rest 30 seconds.
4 -Plank Taps.
- Please get in the same position as flexions, with your arms stretched at your shoulders’ level, raise your left leg and move it to the left, returning to the initial posture.
- Then alternate the two legs.
- Complete three sets of 15 repetitions with each leg.
- After each set, rest for 30 seconds.
- Lie on your back with your hands crossed at the end of your head.
- Lift your torso and legs, and then move your legs as if you were on a bicycle.
- Do this for 60 seconds. Then rest another 30.
Training at home has never been so easy, right?
- Stand with your legs slightly apart, then bend down until your buttocks are in line with your knees, then go up and jump.
- We do three sets of 15 repetitions. Then we rest for 30 seconds between each set.
7-Cross leg mountain climbers.
- Stand face down in the same position we were doing the push-ups, hands at shoulder height, body aligned.
- Then raise your right leg and try to touch your left elbow. Then after returning to the starting position, try to touch your right elbow with your left leg.
- Do three sets of 10 repetitions with each leg.
- Try to rest only 30 seconds between sets.
Finally, tell yourself that this routine will not take more than 10 minutes a day.
You can do it even faster, do it four times a week, and you will notice the results in less than two months, so you will be closer to the body you want.
Well, we’ve already completed a 10-minute workout that will tone your body and get you in shape.
If your goal is to lose weight, it is essential to add aerobic exercise for at least 30 minutes three times a week. If you don’t do cardiovascular exercise and eat a healthy diet, weight loss will be almost impossible.