Medically reviewed and approved by Nataniel Josue M.D.
How do you fix saggy arms? From the age of 35, our forelimbs reflect the aging of our skin. Our body reduces the production of collagen and elastin.
That is a problem that affects both men and women, and it will change us at any time. Therefore, we will show you the best treatments to improve that flaccidity, how to avoid it, and we will talk about the exercises you can do to tone your arms.
Flaccidity is the loss of firmness and toning of the muscle due to aging of the skin, due to the lack of elastin and collagen production, causing loose muscles and hanging skin.
How do you fix saggy arms?
What is the best treatment for arm flaccidity? What are the best treatments?
It is an aesthetic treatment where they use high-frequency electromagnetic waves, which go through the skin’s fatty tissue without burning it and generate a very high heat inside. The cells begin to rotate, tightening the skin, and destroying the fat cells. It then destroys the deficient collagen to turn it into new collagen.
In 2 – 3 months, collagen is stimulated, improving the firmness and quality of the skin (Studies 1*, 2*.)
It is a technique where they place PDO suture threads, forming a mesh or net at the dermis level to tighten the tissues immediately. This overtime will stimulate the production of collagen and elastin to provide additional firmness.
They place approximately 50 threads in a single session of about 20 minutes. The effects will be noticed from 2 to 3 months when the elastin and collagen produced begins to act ( 3*, 4*.)
Depending on the degree of arm flaccidity, they perform other treatments:
The fatness is not very noticeable, and usually, a radio frequency is enough.
There is more flaccidity in the arms, the arm skin is hanging due to excess fat; they remove this fat through liposuction.
The fat is removed from the arm’s inside, using very thin cannulas to suction the accumulated fat, so the forelimb doesn’t look too toned up.
Brachioplasty is a surgery that needs to be performed due to excess flaccidity and a large amount of fat.
Brachioplasty is a surgical procedure where the surgeon removes localized fat and hanging skin. An incision is made on the face of the arm from the elbow to the armpit. The surgeon suctions out the fat. He or she tightens the skin, then the remaining skin is removed, and finally, he or she sutures the area.
After the operation, the patient will have to use compression bandages to reduce the swelling and speed up the healing process. It leaves a noticeable scar that does not disappear completely.
Apply clay at least once a week to eliminate harmful toxins through the skin pores. Mix it with an amount of water needed to form a consistent paste that will not drip, and we can spread.
Apply and let dry, rinse thoroughly with warm water, and moisturize it with coconut or almond oil.
Exercises to tone the arms:
How do you fix saggy arms? Exercises are a complement to any treatment we do. It is advisable to perform a routine where the triceps and deltoids are worked on with dumbbells so that the skin becomes smooth and firm. If you do not have dumbbells, you can do it at home with a few bottles of water or sand.
Do many repetitions, but with little weight, these exercises should not be of high impact because they break the tissues, and flaccidity arises.
Some exercises you can do at home to tone your arms are:
- Rest your arms on the ground, a bench or piece of furniture.
- Lower the upper body until it almost touches your chest to the furniture.
- If you find it too difficult, you can rest your knees on the floor.
- Perform as many repetitions as you can.
- Grab a dumbbell with the trunk slightly bent and elbows attached to the body.
- From this position with your elbows bent, stretch out your arms.
- Do three sets of 20 repetitions.
- Stand with dumbbells at thigh height.
- With your elbows close to your body, pull the dumbbells up until your biceps are fully contracted.
- Perform three sets of 20 repetitions.
Lateral shoulder raises.
- Stand up with dumbbells at hip height.
- Raise your arms up to shoulder height.
- Return to the starting position without dropping the dumbbells.
- Do three sets of 15 reps.
- You can do this exercise as in the picture or without bending over.
- Place two dumbbells at shoulder height.
- Lift them up to almost a full stretch.
- Do three sets of 15 repetitions.
Go buy some dumbbells at your nearest store or get them today at Amazon.
How to avoid flaccidity in the arms?
- Increase water consumption to maintain the arms’ elasticity, as it renews the collagen that keeps the skin firm and toned.
- Eat foods rich in protein nourish and firm the skin, such as grains, low-fat meats, bluefish, white meats, eggs, milk, and its derivatives. You also have to eat foods with vitamin C: orange, lemon, kiwi, tangerine, in addition to taking collagen supplements. Some foods help fight skin aging: antioxidants, vegetables, legumes.
- Do physical activities that help increase muscle mass to avoid flaccidity, accompanied by a healthy diet.
- Use daily firming creams containing silicon and collagen to help tone the skin.
- Stop smoking because it accelerates the premature aging of the tissues.
- Maintain a stable weight since gaining and losing weight causes the skin’s elastic fibers to break down, causing flaccidity.
How do you fix saggy arms? The arms’ flaccidity is a problem that we will have to face at some point in our lives; the idea is to meet it in advance by taking care of the sun, moisturizing the skin, and doing physical activity.
And when aging is inevitable, we should go quickly to get the aesthetic treatment we believe is most appropriate, since our bodies reflect age through the arms’ firmness.
By following all the recommendations proposed, you will obtain beautiful firm forelimbs, and you will not feel the complex when saying goodbye with your arms.
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]https://buildyourbody.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Nataniel-Josue-Alvarez.jpg[/author_image] [author_info]The article was reviewed and approved by Nataniel Josué Alvarez. Medical Doctor graduated from Medical School Universidad Nacional Experimental Francisco de Miranda. Área Ciencias de la Salud. •Awarded winner IV Science Fair of Research Methodology – April 2012 •Recipient of Asesor Estudiantil Institucional Scholarship •Thesis: Relationship Between Parasitosis, Anemia and Hygiene Habits in patients aged 20 yo 70 years old in Amuay, municipality of Los Taques, Falcón State, Venezuela •Thesis: Intervention Plan in Rural Healthcare in Monte Verde and La Puntica sectors, of the Amuay Community, Los Taques parish, Los Taques municipality, of the Falcón State, Venezuela. During the period March 2018 – July 2018[/author_info] [/author]