How do you get rid of dry skin naturally? Dry skin is an uncomfortable condition for people who suffer from it, due to factors such as cold or hot weather, low humidity in the air, nutritional deficiencies, soaps, and abrasive detergents.
Dry skin feels and looks rough, and there is slight or severe desquamation. It also produces acne, redness and has fine or thick cracks that can even bleed.
Most commercial moisturizers contain chemicals that are harmful to our skin. That’s why I show you below some home remedies to treat this discomfort, very useful and best of all without investing money in expensive cosmetics, since many of these products we have at home.
How do you get rid of dry skin naturally?
Which oil is best for the face? It contains many antioxidants and natural fatty acids ideal for the skin because it provides moisture, hydration, and elasticity (Trusted sources 1*, 2*.) It can be used directly on the roughest areas of the skin, such as elbows and knees.
- To keep the skin free of dead cells and clean it should be exfoliated once a week, with a mixture of 2 tablespoons of sugar and two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Apply directly to the face with a light massage and leave on for 10 minutes.
- Afterward, remove with warm water and soap.
How can I hydrate my skin fast? If you need to get rid of dry skin naturally you have to try Aloe vera. It is a miracle plant that thanks to its moisturizing properties, provides our skin with extra collagen and hyaluronic acid, is an excellent home remedy, and economical because it is easy to grow at home ( 3*, 4*.) For the realization of this remedy, we will need
- One leaf of aloe and 1/2 cup of coconut (100gr).
- Remove the aloe vera gel and place it in a container with the coconut oil.
- Mix until you get a homogeneous paste.
- Apply it to clean skin before sleeping and let it work through the night.
- Remove in the morning with water.
- Make a mask by beating an egg and a spoonful of honey in a container until we obtain a uniform mixture.
- Place the mix on the face for 15 minutes, leave it on, and after a few minutes, remove it with fresh water.
Does coconut oil hydrate skin? It contains hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, and K, ideal ingredients to penetrate deep into the skin tissues, also keeps the collagen and elastic that the skin has.
- We recommend that you apply the almond oil all over your body when you come out of your bath so that it better penetrates the skin.
- You can apply it up to 3 times a week.
Can you get rid of dry skin naturally with avocado? It is a natural ingredient very effective in hydrate, activates the flexibility of the skin, and stimulates the formation of collagen ( 11*, 12*.) The best way to use it is to crush it and combine it with other natural ingredients such as clay, essential oils, honey, among others; apply it directly to the skin.
- Make a mask with 1/2 avocado, two tablespoons of essential oil, and the content of 2 capsules of vitamin E.
- Stir them all in a container until you get a uniform cream.
- Apply this paste, leave it on for 30 minutes, remove it with abundant warm water and dry gently with a towel.
- Stir in a container one tablespoon of honey, one tablespoon of almond oil, and two tablespoons of carrot juice.
- Wet a gauze or cotton wool with this mixture and apply it to the area of dry skin, it should be clean.
Cucumber is composed of 70% water, vitamins, and minerals that protect and moisturize the skin. For this reason, since ancient times, humanity has been using it in countless beauty treatments ( 15*, 16*.)
- Prepare this mask to obtain its benefits in the skin:
- Cut half of a cucumber into squares, add one tablespoon of honey, one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Blend or crush the ingredients to obtain a paste.
- Let it cool in the refrigerator for 20 minutes and then apply it to the face for 20 minutes.
Finally, to maintain moisturized skin, it is essential to take care of it from inside, for you have to drink at least 2 liters of water a day.
Maintain a healthy diet by consuming dishes where vegetables predominate, fresh salads without many condiments; eat five pieces of fruit daily.
Increase the consumption of antioxidants, vitamins C and E, avoid coffee and cigarettes ( increases the loss of calcium, the leading cause of dry skin).
If you have perseverance in the use of home remedies, you will see that your skin will soon look smoother and silkier.
Never use these remedies at the same time, because they can cause an allergic reaction, you will have to decide which treatment will be more effective.
We also recommend you to try a skincare routine for your dry skin.