How to Make Your Hips Wider Naturally in no Time!
How to get wider hips? To begin with, you must realize that your bone determines how big your hips can grow. Therefore, there is no way to expand your hips without increasing the size of your hip bones. In addition, you cannot change your bone structure.
Before we start to explain how you can make your hips wider, it is essential to know that the natural size of our hips also depends on our genes and the percentage of fat in this area.
Healthy tips to have wide hips
We must use a balanced diet and workouts with weights focusing on your lower body to get bigger hips naturally. Later in this post, you'll discover some home-based exercises to boost your hips.
Yes, it is possible to get wider hips.
Don't give up. Even though we can't make our hips wider, we can make ourselves feel like they are wider.
We can make our hips wider by exercising and eating a good diet. We need to work the glute muscles that are around your hips, which in this case is the gluteus minimus and medius. We should do exercises for these muscles because they will make our hips wider.
Training with weights to increase hips
Remember that when we want to boost muscular mass, we must carefully integrate a solid workout, a nutrition plan for muscle growth, and enough rest.
As a result, if you want to get bigger hips, you must first figure out what you should eat and what exercises you will have to do.
The exercises in this article will help you get muscles. Of course, you need to work with a lot of weight, but if you work at home, you can bring a backpack and fill it up with heavy things like books or water bottles.
Here are some helpful tips for beginners on how to boost muscle mass to reach your objectives.
You can perform many exercises at home or in the gym to build your hips that target the gluteus minimus and gluteus medius.
The best exercises for wider hips
I've picked some exercises to improve the gluteus minimus and gluteus medius, which will be the muscle that makes your hips appear more prominent.
In our workout program, you may combine two or three exercises to widen your hips with others for the legs or other muscle groups. As a result, you are designing your exercise workout routine.
The following are some of the hip-building exercises that you can do:
This exercise is a variation of the regular lunges we are used to. However, when we go down, instead of extending our leg backward, it also shifts to the side of our other leg.
The muscles primarily used in this exercise are the gluteus minimus, gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and adductors.
- Make sure to stand with your feet hip-width apart and toes facing forward.
- Bring your elbows back and pull your shoulders blades together to keep your trunk more stable.
- Take a lateral lunge.
- Bring your pelvis back and squeeze your knee out as you land to avoid locking it up.
- Hold this position for a few seconds to ensure that you're in the right spot.
- You have to disperse the weight across the entire foot. The other leg should be kept entirely straight.
- From there, drive with the bent leg to return to the start position while contracting the gluteus.
- You can start with one side and then move to the other. Alternatively, you might perform alternating side lunges.
The crab walk is a way of squatting. You will have more stability and focus on the muscles in your butt. You will move without changing your position from side to side.
The crab walk begins from a sitting posture, with the palms of the hands resting backward and on the sides of the body and the feet resting on the floor. From this starting point, we must back ourselves using only our hands and feet as support.
Single leg glutebridge
The single-leg glutebridge is relatively easy to do. First, you want to lay down with your hands by your side on the floor.
- The first thing you want to do is lift one of your legs and make sure it's in a bridge position, scissors on your other leg.
- You will then push your hips off the floor as high as possible without bending your back or coming up from the bridge position.
- Keep your leg straight and engage your glute to do this. You have to create a straight line from your foot to your head.
- Lower your body to the starting position once you've achieved the higher station.
Cable hip abduction
Hip abduction exercises will make our hips stronger. You can do them with a pulley or by yourself. The more intense the movement, the bigger your hip muscles will be.
- Attach an ankle strap to a low cable pulley. Choose the right weight on the machine.
- Grab the pole with your left hand without touching the cable.
- The weight stack should be on your left side.
- Your right leg should start in front of your left leg.
- Bend your knees slightly and then squeeze the pelvic floor and core muscles before you start the exercise.
How to perform cable hip abduction
- Contract your glutes completely while exhaling to separate your right leg from the other.
- Be sure to move only the right leg.
- Return to the starting position with a fluid motion, keeping the moving weights away from the remaining plates.
- Repeat the exercise on one leg for the number of repetitions shown, then change sides and repeat with the other leg.
Hip thrusts are a great exercise for building our butt. You can do them with a barbell or on the floor. This exercise is good to avoid injuries, as you will have anti-rotational power throughout your body.
Start by placing a bench behind you and lay yourself over it so that your hips are hanging off of it. You have to put your shoulders firmly on the bench.
Keep your knees bent, and feet planted firmly on the floor and flat against the ground, but not touching it.
- Grab a barbell or dumbbells, depending on what you have at home, and lift it so that your hands are holding onto the bottom plates of the weight plates.
- Your palms should be facing inward towards each other. You can do it by yourself, but if you have a partner helping you, he or she should place their hands right underneath your hips.
- From this starting point, drive up with your heels while squeezing the gluteus muscles.
- Pause for a moment when your hips are fully contracted, and then lower yourself back down to the ground.
You can perform hip thrusts with a barbell or without one. The only difference is that you will not hold any weights and rest your hips on the ground.
The workout: what to do and how long to rest between sets
Before you start doing glute bridge exercises, a warm-up for 5-10 minutes with some cardio.
Do 2-3 sets (10-12 repetitions per set) of the glute bridge, single leg glutebridge, or cable hip abduction exercises.
Rest 60 seconds before doing another set.
You may perform this exercise on a gym abductor machine, but you can also do it with an elastic band at home. While sitting on a chair, place the device on your legs and open and close them.
You will have to work on balancing your body by sitting down and standing up again. Lift the other leg when you are standing.
You can use any resistance band or other similar tool to assist you. The idea is to do the exercise without adding weight, and once you've mastered the technique, you may begin adding extra resistance for greater intensity.
Wider hips workout
In this workout program to get wider hips, you may combine two or three exercises mentioned before with others for the legs and other muscle groups.
Now I will tell you a workout routine to get wider hips with the exercises I mentioned before. You have to do this hip workout three times a week.
|Exercise||Sets and Reps|
|Cable hip abduction||4x15|
Proper nutrition to grow your glute muscles and get wider hips
You have to do exercises to increase hips combined with a diet that increases muscle mass. If you eat more than you need, then your glutes will grow.
Keep in mind that you must do exercises like those above with weight to naturally increase your hips.
Your diet should include complex carbs, quality protein, and healthy fats. It also needs vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
This list of meals to build muscle mass and gradually incorporate them into your diet may help you.
As an example, you have to include foods such as:
Lean meats are an excellent choice because they are rich in protein, low in fat, and therefore in calories. They include red meat, white meat, pork, chicken, turkey. They have high protein content and very little fat.
Healthy fats present in fish are great for the buttocks. In addition, omega-3 fatty acids have a role in the growth of hips, so you should continuously include fish such as salmon, tuna, trout, and others in your diet.
They include lentils, tofu (if you eat soy), beans, peas, chickpeas, etc.; the good thing about them is that they are healthy carbs.
Nuts, seeds, and oils
Eggs have protein content, useful for hips growth. They are also suitable for you, so include them too in your diet. Olive oil has nothing terrible about it; on the contrary, it's excellent for lubricating joints and gives some protection to the heart too.
Oatmeal and whole wheat bread have high fiber content, suitable for giving a feeling of satiety.
Quinoa has complete protein, so it's a great choice when you eat meatlessly.
Egg whites are also a good source of protein. You can have some whole eggs for some extra fat and cholesterol.
Whole grains like oats, spelt, and rye is good to eat. You can also eat whole wheat but make sure you read the ingredients before buying anything because there might be something in it you don't want.
The term "whole wheat" is sometimes applied to products containing white flour and whole grain. That may or may not be accurate, depending on the product's origin and ingredients.
If the description includes only "wheat flour" without "more," you should be concerned that it is not whole wheat.
Green leafy vegetables
Green leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale, or Swiss chard are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, especially iron. That's good for the process of hemoglobin production that is responsible
for the transportation of oxygen throughout your body.
Fruits and vegetables
Rather than focusing on a single vegetable, fruit, or berry to get all of your required vitamins and minerals, make sure to feature additional types of vegetables, fruits, and berries.
It's all about taking in more calories than you require to build muscle but in a healthy and controlled manner. This way you won't get body fat.
Now that you know how to increase hips do the exercises and eat a lot of healthy food to reduce your waist to hip ratio and get a more prominent, firmer booty.
If you've ever wondered how to get wider hips, the answer may be in your workouts. By combining two or three exercises mentioned before with others for your legs and other muscle groups, you can widen your hips without doing any extra work.
You need a protein-rich diet and time to see results! It couldn't be simpler than that. Read our articles on exercise and nutrition if you want more information about getting a fitness body naturally.