How can I hydrate my skin naturally? What is good for moisturizing the skin? When the skin is dry, it has a rigid, dull, and scaly appearance. This dryness affects the whole body, the most prone areas being legs, elbows, hands, and feet.
Seasonal changes, environmental factors, and exposure to the sun all threaten the skin’s hydration.
Next, we will discuss some essential aspects that will make your skin look better, such as recommendations and remedies to moisturize the skin.
How can I hydrate my skin naturally?
Recommendations that we should make to maintain hydrated skin:
skin naturally naturally?” width=”560″ height=”315″ />
Moisturize after the shower
The best time to moisturize the skin is after the bath; nutrients are better absorbed (Studies 1*, 2*.)
Choosing the right moisturizer
Moisturizers should contain lactic acid, urea, hyaluronic acid, shea butter, jojoba oil, petroleum jelly, and glycerin.
Try to make sure that these creams do not have the following components: alpha-hydroxy acids, retinol, alcohol, fragrance, vitamin A, because they dry out the skin ( 3*, 4*.)
Drink at least 9-10 glasses of water daily
To have beautiful and hydrated skin, you should drink between 7 and 8 glasses of water a day. It will help you prevent aging and stretch marks ( 5*, 6*.)
Health Benefits That You Can Obtain When You Replace All Drinks With Water[Infographic]
Follow a healthy diet.
Maintain a healthy diet by consuming antioxidants, vitamin C, and Omega 3; these are beneficial foods for general skin hydration. Some of the foods that contain these nutrients are tomato, bluefish, orange, carrot, citrus fruits, red fruits ( 7*, 8*.)
Take infusions such as chamomile, rosemary, green tea, white tea, which are plants that contain properties that help give hydration and vitality from the interior of our body to the most superficial layers. They can be taken as a tea or applied directly to the skin as a tonic ( 9*, 10*.)
Avoid oil-based creams
Avoid petroleum-based cleansing creams, because they create a layer on the skin that prevents subsequent treatments from penetrating.
Use natural oils
Natural oils are ideal for moisturizing and regenerating the skin of the face and the body. The most effective are: olive oil, almond oil, jojoba, argan, and rosehip sesame.
How can I hydrate my skin naturally? Masks to moisturize the skin:
Yogurt and honey mask
This mask helps to hydrate and nourish before any treatment.
- You will need two tablespoons of natural yogurt and one tablespoon of honey.
- In a container, mix the two ingredients until we get a homogeneous paste.
- Apply with a brush to the skin.
- Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse with plenty of cold or warm water.
In addition to consuming it, we can also make a mask.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of yogurt with grated cucumber.
- Apply it to the face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
Coconut oil contributes to the hydration of the skin, balances the PH.
- It is applied directly to the driest areas of the body, and you should leave it on all night, even if it is oily, our dermis absorb it quickly.
- Another way to use it is by adding a few drops of this oil to your body’s moisturizer.
Coconut oil and cocoa butter body cream
It is ideal for providing maximum hydration to the skin.
- To prepare it, you must mix 1/2 cup of coconut oil and 1/4 of cocoa butter.
- Put the mixture in a bain-marie until it melts.
- When they have compacted, remove from the heat and let it cool.
Use it after showering in the driest areas.
Honey, olive oil, and egg
This natural cream gives elasticity and tones the tissues.
- Beat one egg very well and add one teaspoon of honey.
- Integrate the ingredients well.
- Then add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Apply a thin layer and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with cold or warm water.
It helps moisturize the skin; if your skin is oily, we recommend you not to use it.
- Mix 1/4 of an avocado with a spoonful of olive oil.
- Apply and leave on for 15 minutes and rinse.
- We have to do it once a week.
Aloe vera gel moisturizes the skin, to use it you must:
- Soak an aloe vera leaf in water overnight.
- In the morning, remove the resulting gel and apply it directly to the skin.
- It would be best if you did not expose yourself to the sun because it causes skin spots.
Aloe vera cream, avocado, and olive oil
It will help you to maintain well-protected, regenerated, and very moisturized skin. You will need:
- 1/2 cup of aloe vera gel, 1/2 avocado pulp, one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Blend or whisk all the ingredients until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Apply to the driest areas of the body.
Banana, avocado, and honey
To make this cream, you will need:
- One avocado, one banana, one spoonful of honey, and one spoonful of moisturizer.
- Crush the avocado and banana pulp until it becomes a purée.
- Then add a spoonful of honey and moisturizer.
- Apply it and leave it for 20 minutes.
Honey, oat, and camomile mask
This mask is ideal for all skin types; moisturizers are anti-inflammatory and reduces acne.
- You will need one tablespoon of oats, one tea of chamomile, one teaspoon of honey.
- Crush the oats and mix them with the chamomile tea.
- Then add the honey.
- Stir until you get a paste.
- Apply the paste to the face and leave for 10 minutes.
- Remove with warm water.
How can I hydrate my skin naturally? To keep your skin moisturized, you should follow a routine to improve its appearance.
It is also essential to know that there are different skins, and for that, you must choose the right treatment for your skin; the results will not be the same because it depends on each person.