Five benefits of skin exfoliation
What are the benefits of skin exfoliation? Skin exfoliating is one of the steps we take in our beauty routine. Although it is not much fun, exfoliation is important because it helps you:
- To regenerate your skin.
- To remove dead cells.
- It prevents skin premature aging.
- It also prepares the skin to absorb any treatment you apply.
- Finally, it enhances your tan.
But little do we know what the benefits of exfoliating your skin are or what tips to follow to make a good exfoliation. Nor do we know how to use a peel.
This article will teach everything related to these points and explain how to prepare some homemade exfoliants.
What is skin exfoliation?
Exfoliation helps us to remove dead cells that are on the surface of the skin. It also allows pores to breathe because they are full of oil. It also allows the absorption of some beauty treatment creams.
With the desquamation, you stimulate the cell regeneration and the blood microcirculation of the surface.
What are the benefits of skin exfoliation?
Benefits of skin exfoliation:
It removes impurities from the skin
We can use natural exfoliating products. They cleanse the surface of any dirt that is outside of it.
They also prevent flaking, rashes, redness, and inflammation.
It prevents premature skin aging
With the peeling, we avoid the premature aging of the dermis. It is convenient to exfoliate the skin because it keeps its protective layer healthy.
With this procedure, we manage to eliminate the dirt inside the pores, and they cover them completely. This obstruction brings as a consequence fat and pus abscesses.
Exfoliation moisturizes and removes dead cells
The exfoliation helps you moisturize the dermis by removing dead skin and eliminating pathogens near the mucous membranes such as:
- The nose.
That will avoid generating diseases later on. It also improves painful abscesses, acne, and stimulates collagen production.
It improves the skin
You will obtain a more regenerated skin since the exfoliation helps your skin to finish its natural process of skin regeneration.
It enhances your tan
How to correctly use the exfoliant?
You should know that you cannot have open wounds on your skin when using an exfoliant and do not use it around the eyes.
- Moisten the skin.
- Then apply the exfoliant with circular movements but not so strong in the most appropriate areas.
- Rinse with plenty of water.
- Finally, use your usual moisturizer.
Tips for doing a perfect skin exfoliation.
- You must know that exposing your skin to too much exfoliation can damage it.
- Use non-abrasive products and avoid those containing sea salt if your skin is sensitive or dry.
- You should only use it if your skin is wet and clean because if you do it on dry skin, it can irritate it.
- Do not exfoliate if your skin is sunburned or you have open wounds.
- It would be best if you did not use body peels on your face, as they are too abrasive. Body and facial peels are different because of the size of their micro granules.
- The ideal place to exfoliate your skin is at the time of showering. That is because you can do the corresponding massage and remove the remains. It is better to do it with warm water and finish with a cold water jet to tone it.
- The knees and elbows' areas are where you should insist more when performing the body exfoliation because they have to get more dehydrated.
- Mix some coffee with a cleansing cream.
- Stir very well.
- Then moisten your face and apply this cream with circular movements.
- Rinse with warm water.
Honey Flaxseed Exfoliant
- Mix 1 cup of honey with 1/2 glass of warm water.
- Then add 25 grams of flaxseed and stir until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- You have to place it in the refrigerator for 3 hours, then rub elbows and knees with this mixture leaving it to work for 3 minutes.
- Remove with distilled water.
This cream will keep your elbows and knees soft and shiny.
Sugar and lemon
- Place two tablespoons of sugar in a bowl and add the juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Apply this mixture to the wet face with circular movements.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes and rinse with warm water.
To do this, you need 1/4 cup of sea salt and 1/4 cup of coconut or olive oil.
- Mix the two ingredients well and massage into the body.
- You should not rub the skin; massage it until it gets a little pink.
- Rinse with warm water and towel dry.
- This exfoliant is suitable for all skin types and can be used whenever you want, especially in the areas of corns, as it leaves it softer.
What are the benefits of skin exfoliation? You know that exfoliation has its advantages. But keep in mind that there are also consequences if you apply the peel to dry skin because it could be irritating.
You should also use non-abrasive peels if you have sensitive skin. It would be best to differentiate between body and facial peels because the micro granules' size is different.