What is good for sensitive skin? People with this type of skin have a strong reaction to aggressive products, sun exposure, or external agents.
View this post on Instagram
What is good for sensitive skin? People with this type of skin have a strong reaction to aggressive products, sun exposure, or external agents. If you are in this category, we invite you to read this article, where we will tell you what sensitive skin is, what causes it, how to take care of it, and answer the question: How can I treat my sensitive skin at home? Read the complete article on www.buildyourbody.org #sensitiveskin #skincare #naturalbeauty #vegan #noparabens #sensitive #natural #veganskincare #koreanbeauty #onetofollow #kosmetikoriginal #kosmetikkorea #koreanskincare #koreanbeautysecrets #koreanbeautyblogger #veganfortheanimals #soelno #soel #noalkohol #naturlig #hudpleie #gavetips #naturalproducts #womenshealth #femininehygiene #femininecare #hygiene #skincareroutine #klairs #womenscare
If you are in this category, we invite you to read this article, where we will tell you what sensitive skin is, what causes it, how to take care of it, and answer the question: How can I treat my sensitive skin at home?
What is sensitive skin?
Skin is sensitive when after wetting it, you feel tight. It reddens quickly, and it tends to itch and burn.
There are different degrees of sensitivity in the skin:
- Hypersensitive skin: any external factor can cause this sensitivity.
- Allergic skin, this is usually caused by some alteration of the immune system.
- Skin is sensitive in a specific way: by stress, by a cosmetic, or by food.
Causes of sensitive skin.
- Aging. Aging produces an imbalance in the pH, which leads to a loss of water in the dermis, making the skin more sensitive.
- Hormonal imbalance: when we have menstruation, adolescence, or when we have menopause.
- Lack of water, excessive sweating, changes in climate, and temperature.
- Use of soaps or bath gels that alter the pH.
- Medical treatments. Some medical procedures, such as some drugs or radiotherapies, stress, and lack of rest.
Tips to avoid sensitive skin.
- Be careful when buying cosmetics. Before using it, make a test of irritation in some parts of your body. If it presents redness or irritation, you cannot use it.
- Be careful with soap or bath gel. When using these products, look for hypoallergenic ones, a shea butter soap, or a neutral pH.
- Beware of irritants. Do not apply substances that irritate you, such as isopropyl alcohol, hair dyes, or artificial coloring.
- Drink 1 1/2 to 2 liters of water per day. Doing so will take care of your skin from the inside, and if you do it from the outside, use moisturizing creams.
- Do not expose yourself to the sun.
- Take vitamins A and C, as they help you look healthier.
- Watch your diet. Try to avoid dairy products, gluten, and preservatives in your diet.
- Avoid stress and get adequate rest.
How can I treat my sensitive skin at home?
What is good for sensitive skin?
Use natural masks
Honey and carrot mask:
For this mask, you need two or three cooked carrots and two tablespoons of honey.
- Place the carrot and honey in a container.
- Mash the carrot well until it becomes a puree and then mix it with the honey until it becomes a homogeneous mixture.
- Apply this paste directly to the skin, leaving it to work for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When it begins to dry, remove it with water and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Before applying this mask, wash your skin thoroughly.
Oatmeal and yogurt mask
To make this mask, you will need two or three tablespoons of yogurt and two tablespoons of oats.
- Place the ingredients in a bowl and mix until it forms a homogeneous paste.
- Then apply it to your face, leaving it on for 15 to 10 minutes.
- Finally, rinse thoroughly and stir with a hot towel.
Almond and egg mask:
To make it, you will need five almonds and one egg.
- Grind the almonds and then add the egg.
- Mix it until it forms a paste.
- Place the mixture on your face and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- People with both dry and sensitive skin can use it.
- You have to apply before bedtime. You can use it regularly; the egg will help to nourish the skin.
Eat appropriately with a varied diet that contains antioxidants, fiber and vitamins B and C, minerals, for your skin is more hydrated, you should drink plenty of water at least 2 liters, helps you eliminate toxins.
Use essential oils
You have to use essential oils to regenerate sensitive skin:
- Almond oil helps you renew your skin.
- You can use Rosewater oil for cleansing.
- You can also use evening primrose oil to exfoliate.
You can use Aloe vera as natural for different masks. This plant eliminates the irritation of red skin.
Use the aloe vera gel, and it will help you reduce the inflammation of your skin by removing the irritation and redness.
Oats provide moisture to the skin as they are composed of 65% unsaturated fats and 35% linoleic acid.
With the oats you hydrate and soften the epidermis, making oat baths reduces itching and gives the skin softness.
Chamomile is a deflator that prevents and cures infections and skin lesions. Make an infusion with chamomile flowers and a glass of water, then apply to the skin cleaning it you can do several times a week.
Additional tips for caring for sensitive skin.
- Protect it from the sun, since it is the main responsible for this type of skin, use creams that have sun protection.
- Keep your skin well hydrated to protect it from external aggressions, the ideal is to hydrate it in the morning and at night before sleeping the skin of the face, and for the surface of the body every time you take a shower, you should hydrate your skin.
- Apply cosmetic products that are ideal for sensitive skin types that do not contain perfume, alcohol, or preservatives.
- Clean your skin, clean your skin, maintain a daily routine, do not rub it as these movements irritate the skin more.
- We do not recommend you spend long periods in the shower and use warm water to shower and cold water to wash your face.
- Avoid extreme environmental situations such as cold weather.
- Avoid heavy meals with many condiments and products that are exciting, as they worsen the symptoms of sensitive skin.
Sensitive skin is very delicate to avoid this type of skin. Follow the advice, do not use aggressive products, avoid sun exposure and external agents, and maintain a healthy diet.