How to fix hair after bleach damage, 7 TIPS and 6 MASKS that work!
If you are looking for how to repair your hair after bleach damage, then you have come to the right place because I suffered it too. We want to look more beautiful, and we always want to lower our hair color tone. When we use a dye, we realize that we can’t get the right color without bleaching it.
Unfortunately, you have to bleach your hair, which results in a lot of hair damage. That’s why below, we will show you the adverse effects that bleaching has on your hair, how to fix it, and the repair treatments.
What is hair bleaching?
Hair bleaching is a chemical process where the hair is bleached. We do it with a bleaching agent such as hydrogen peroxide, and the hair cuticle opens to sweep away the melamine responsible for the color.
However, it is a very aggressive process because it weakens the hair and makes it thinner. The darker the hair, the more we will have to bleach it to get a lighter shade.
What should we do before bleaching our hair?
- It is advisable to wash the hair two or three days before bleaching it so that the scalp maintains its natural oils.
- Also, apply a coconut or almond oil mask one week before bleaching. That will make your hair more robust, more hydrated, and, therefore, less damaged.
What to do after bleaching your hair?
When you bleach your hair, it will suffer a lot and need a lot more care: Coconut oil, jojoba oil, or olive oil will make you recover that protein that was lost.
- We also recommend you to use deep conditioners and special shampoos for colored hair.
- Incorporate treatment masks in the routine once or twice a week.
- Please don’t use a hairdryer or straightening iron, because the heat directly dries the hair and causes it to break or split ends.
The maintenance you should do for bleached hair.
- Be sure to dye the roots every two months to bond between the bleached hair and the new hair is not a different color. Also, this will prevent it from breaking and then having to be cut off.
- Cut the ends periodically to promote growth.
- Use repair conditioners twice a week, ideally using special shampoos and conditioners for color-treated or damaged hair.
How do I fix my hair after bleaching?
Now we will tell you how to fix hair after bleach damage.
The first thing you should do on hair that has been damaged by bleaching is to apply keratin, as it provides protein to your hair.
- First, the way to do this is to apply the serum and then seal it with a hair straightener.
- This treatment can last between 1 and 2 months, depending on how often you wash your hair.
Wash your hair a little less often
Washing your hair frequently causes your hair to wear out and takes the strength out of your hair. Wash it as low as possible and with natural products.
Eat a balanced diet
Having a balanced diet helps you get your hair back as long as you keep it. It should contain meats, vegetables, fruits, and carbohydrates and incorporate nutrients to the hair to not weaken.
Take biotin supplements
Take biotin supplements, so that your hair gains volume and firmness.
Brush your hair when is dry
Brush your hair when it’s dry because being wet will make it more fragile and elastic, making it fall out of the scalp.
Don't use too many hair products
Don’t use so many hair products, thinking it’s the best thing. Some people use masks, creams, shampoos, conditioners, so it doesn’t recover, what it does is get saturated. However, apply a protective product before bleaching.
Use a professional shampoo
Use professional shampoo in the middle of the head down when the hair is wet after bleaching. This shampoo can still be used at home in the following days as it ensures that the effect lasts for more weeks.
Masks for hair after bleaching
Avocado and egg yolk mask
How to fix hair after bleach damage. Apply avocado, creating a cover. We can do it by stirring one ripe avocado with an egg's yolk.
- We have to apply this mask on wet hair, massaging the scalp for a few minutes.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Then wash the hair or rinse it with warm water.
- Pour a small amount of mayonnaise on wet hair as if you were using your usual conditioner.
- Then place a cap on your head to catch the heat and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Then rinse your hair with this mask.
Your hair will feel lighter and shinier, as mayonnaise is rich in amino acids and oils that naturally condition your hair.
- Apply a small amount of butter to the scalp and massage for a few minutes.
- Then cover your head with a shower cap and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse hair and shampoo
Shampoo and Egg Mask
Make a mixture of shampoo and egg as follows:
- Mix an egg with your shampoo in a container.
- With this mixture, a high level of moisture is added to the hair, as eggs are an excellent hair repair remedy. That is because the yolk is a protein-rich ingredient that hair is missing when we bleach our mane.
Banana, honey and castor oil mask
Bananas are extremely beneficial for hair, as they are rich in fiber, protein, and vitamins.
- You should make a mixture with a ripe banana, some honey, castor oil, and if you want, you can add yogurt.
- Apply from medium to end, leaving it on for 30 minutes.
Castor oil mask
Castor oil: apply some pure coconut oil mixed with olive and almond oil, one on the hair this product. Avoid damage when combing or brushing your hair, as it contains lauric acid, which can enrich the hair with vitamins and minerals.
How to fix hair after bleach damage If you want to get your hair back, use these methods we have given you. Although it seems complicated to recover a bleached hair is not impossible.
Finally, it would be best if you did it continuously, knowing that the products to be used must be exclusive for bleached hair.