How do you straighten your hair for beginners? Mane is the most important thing for our look, so we must take good care of it. Among the most preferred style by women, we find straight hair.
To achieve the desired straight hair, you must undergo different types of straightening. Therefore, you will learn here what they are and how to do them.
How do you straighten your hair for beginners?
The Brazilian is the most common smoothing, and its main component is keratin. Keratin is a natural protein in hair, nails, and skin.
When applied, it reduces frizz and curls by 95%. It leaves your hair soft, shiny, and repairs damaged hair.
This type of smoothing can be done at home or in beauty salons. We recommend you to apply it before dyeing the hair because it manages to reduce a couple of shades the color.
This smoothing is free of aggressive chemical ingredients and can be performed on all types of hair.
Precautions to perform the Brazilian straightening:
- Its price is higher if you get it done in hairdressing salons.
- It is not suitable for pregnant women.
- After applying the straightening, you must use a sodium chloride free shampoo.
- Ideally, we have to get an allergy test before use.
Tips to keep in mind when doing this smoothing
- Do it once a year and wait for 6 to 7 months before doing it again.
- Be careful not to get this product in your eyes and skin because it can irritate it, causing an unpleasant sensation.
The Japanese straightening:
Japanese hair straightening is a hair straightening technique that can last. Your hair will stay straight for at least six months, and even the curliest and unruly hair can do it.
Method to perform this straightening:
- Wash the hair to remove all the dirt, then apply the smoothing substance, put a tuft by tuft, and comb it very well to leave it straight.
- When it is well brushed, pass the dryer and let it rest for an hour.
- Afterward, apply a neutralizer. Leave it working for a while, and fix the iron’s smooth shape.
Tips for maintaining the straightness:
- Perform a repair treatment before applying it if your hair is damaged.
- If you have colored your hair, wait two to four weeks before doing this straightening treatment.
- It can be used on all hair types as long as it is healthy and in good condition.
- Professionals should do it; do not try to do it at home.
What is the component of Japanese hair straightening?
The keratin you use has a high content of very toxic formaldehyde.
Straightened with Hyaluronic Acid:
It provides silkiness, eliminating frizz in the hair, and it is also keratin free. We can apply it to all hair types.
How to perform this straightening?
- Wash the hair with specific shampoo, to open the cuticle.
- Remove moisture with a towel, apply the product strand by strand.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and remove it with water only.
- Then, with the help of the hairdryer, dry the hair. Once the process is over, divide the hair again, one strand at a time, and pass the ceramic iron to straighten it.
- Then rinse with water and apply a mask with the following components: proteins, amino acids, and panthenol.
- Leave on for 5 minutes, rinse and dry.
This smoothing can last from 3 to 4 months, depending on the care and products you use.
Photonic or photon air smoothing
This straightening combines keratin to nourish and repair the hair, with the use of photonic light to seal the treatment.
The photonic light accelerates the keratin process, resulting in a faster process than the use of the other techniques.
Moroccan straightening uses the same technique as the other straighteners, breaking up the curly hair’s natural molecule through chemicals but based on clay and chocolate.
This straightening is done with a flat iron, for hair is the most used temporary straightening to obtain good results.
The iron must be of good quality and have temperature control.
There are several types of iron as:
- Ceramic with tourmaline.
- Ionic plate.
- Infrared plates.
Straightener with coconut milk cream and starch:
That is a natural cream that straightens the hair and strengthens the strands by controlling frizz and sealing the cuticle.
- Half a glass of coconut milk.
- 4 tablespoons of starch.
- Two tablespoons of oats.
- Blend all the ingredients until we get a smooth and firm mixture.
- Apply the cream to wet hair, separating it by strands from the roots to the ends.
- Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse.
- Use three times a week.
Straightener with banana cream, milk, and honey:
The continuous application of this cream helps in the natural straightening, thanks to its moisturizing properties that control the frizz.
- One ripe banana-two tablespoons of honey, half a glass of milk.
- Blend the banana with the honey and milk until you get a thick cream.
- Apply it to wet hair.
- Leave on for 40 minutes and rinse with cold water.
Repeat 3 times a week.
How do you straighten your hair for beginners? Each type of hair needs a different kind of straightening.
There are permanent straightening containing chemicals, temporary straightening with the use of irons and hair dryers, and last but not least natural straightening with natural ingredients.
Choose the one that best suits your needs.