7 Best Tips and Exercises to get Model Legs
You want to have beautiful, toned legs like a model but don't know where to start.
It's hard enough to find time to exercise, let alone figure out what exercises work best for your goals.
We've got you covered with the best exercises and tips for gorgeous legs. We'll show you how to get the most out of your workouts, from lunges to squats, in no time.
Plus, we've included helpful tips on staying motivated and achieving your fitness goals.
How do models get long legs?
That is a question that I often ask, and it does not have a simple answer.
Various factors contribute to why some models have legs that seem impossibly long. Let's take a look at some of the most common reasons:
1. Models are typically tall.
That might seem like an obvious factor, but it is essential to remember that a person's height determines relative leg length.
The taller someone is, the longer their legs will appear in proportion to the rest of their body.
2. Models often have tiny waists.
A tiny waist makes their legs look even longer compared to the rest of their body.
3. Models often wear high heels.
High heels add extra length to their legs and make them look even longer.
4. Models often pose in ways that accentuate their leg length.
For example, they might do a standing split or wear clothing slit up the side to show more of their leg.
How can I get model legs?
Yes, but the best way to get model legs will vary depending on your body type and fitness level.
However, an excellent place to start is by doing cardio exercises to help burn fat and strengthening exercises to build muscle.
You should also make sure you're eating a healthy diet full of lean protein, fruits and vegetables, and whole grains.
The best leg exercises to get runway model legs
Do you have too slim legs? Squats are the answer if you have been blessed with naturally skinny legs and would like to achieve a more curvaceous look.
This exercise is ideal for women looking to add some definition and shape to their legs.
When performed correctly, squats can help lift and round your butt and tone your thighs.
Squats are one of the best leg exercises for getting model legs because you work your leg muscles, including your calves, hamstrings, and quads.
When you squat, keep your back straight and your knees over your ankles.
For an extra challenge, use resistance bands, ankle weights or hold a weight in each hand while you squat.
How to do squats:
- Start with your feet shoulder-width apart, and your knees slightly bent.
- Squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Keep your knees behind your toes the entire time, and drive up through your heels to return to standing.
You will work your inner and outer thighs if you point your left foot and your right foot outward or inwards.
Lunges are another excellent leg exercise for getting lean legs because they help tone and sculpt your leg muscles, including your glutes, quads, and hamstrings.
How to perform lunges:
- Start with your upper body straight and feet shoulder-width apart and take a large step forward with your left leg.
- Lower your body down until both of your knees are bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Make sure your right knee is directly over your ankle.
- Push off with your right leg to return to the starting position, and switch legs.
Jump squats are a plyometric exercise that can help you get slim and toned legs quickly.
Squat jumps will hit your abs, hamstrings, glutes, inner and outer thigh, and lower back.
They are also a great way to increase your heart rate and burn calories.
How to do jump squats:
- Start with your feet hip-width apart and squat down until your thighs parallel the floor.
- Then, jump up as high as possible and land softly back into the squat position.
- Make sure to keep your knees behind your toes the entire time.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps.
If you want to work your inner thighs, perform side lunges.
- Start with your feet and take a large step to the right with your leg straight to do a side lunge.
- Lower your body until your right thigh is parallel to the floor, and make sure your knee does not go past your toes.
- Push off with your right leg to return to the starting position, and switch legs.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps on each side.
You can add ankle weights to make the exercise more challenging.
Calf raises are essential for getting model legs because they help tone and shape your calves, making your legs look longer and leaner.
How to do calf raises:
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and raise onto your toes.
- Hold for a few seconds, then lower back down and repeat.
- For an extra challenge, hold a weight in each hand while you do the calf raises.
Hamstring curls are another excellent exercise for getting lean legs because they help to tone and sculpt your hamstrings.
How to do hamstring curls:
- Start by lying on your back on the floor with your legs straight, feet flat on the ground, and palms facing down.
- Slowly lift your legs off the ground so that your heels are near your butt.
- Curl your legs up towards your chest.
- Pause for a few seconds, then slowly lower them back to the starting position.
- Make sure to keep your hips pressed firmly into the floor.
Sit-ups are an excellent exercise for getting lean abs and toned thigh muscles.
How to do sit-ups:
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat.
- Place your hands behind your head, then curl your torso towards your knees.
- Pause for a few seconds, then slowly lower yourself back to the starting position.
- Don't let your feet touch the ground between reps.
- If you find this exercise too difficult, you can also do it with your legs bent at a 90-degree angle.
Now that you know some of the best exercises for getting model legs, get started sculpting your dream physique!
The Best weight training workout for model legs
The ideal workout for getting model legs is a combination of cardio and strength training.
You'll want to do at least 30 minutes of cardio four times a week and add in two or three strength-training sessions.
Strength training is essential because it will help tone your muscles and make them more defined.
If you're looking to sculpt your lower body, try adding squats and lunges to your routine.
These exercises will help tone your quads, hamstrings, and glutes. And don't forget to stretch!
Stretching is crucial for maintaining flexibility and preventing injuries in your entire body. A good stretching routine should last about 10 minutes.
Here are a few sample workouts to get you started:
- Squats. 3 sets of 12 reps.
- Lunges. 3 sets of 12 reps.
- Jump squats. 3 sets of 10 reps.
- Hamstring curls. 3 sets of 12 reps.
- Calf raises. 3 sets of 12 reps.
- Sit-ups. 3 sets of 20 reps.
30 minutes on the treadmill, power walk, elliptical, or stair climber
10 minutes of stretching routine
Additional tips to get model legs:
It is not just about the exercise if you want your desired lean legs. It would be best if you also did more things.
Eating healthy foods is essential for getting the most out of your workouts and achieving the physique you desire.
Ensure plenty of lean protein, fruits, and vegetables in your diet, and avoid processed foods and sugary snacks.
You may be interested in "How do you get skinny legs without gaining muscle?"
Drink plenty of water
Another vital part of getting lean legs is staying hydrated. Drink at least eight glasses of water per day to help flush out toxins and keep your metabolism running high.
Get plenty of sleep
Getting enough sleep is essential for recovering from your workouts and maintaining your energy levels throughout the day. Aim for at least eight hours of sleep per night.
Wear the correct clothing
Finally, make sure you're wearing the proper clothing for your workouts. Wearing loose-fitting clothes will help you stay relaxed and comfortable and avoid chafing and other skin irritations.
Cotton or breathable fabric shirts and shorts are ideal. And don't forget to wear a good pair of sneakers!
To maintain your lean legs, you need to keep moving! Make sure to take a brisk walk every day, and try to get in at least 30 minutes of activity each day.
If your goal is burning fat and getting lean legs, then you will want to do cardio exercises and strength training.
You need to add some squats and lunges to your routine to tone muscles. And always stretch!
Look for advice
A personal trainer can be a great source of information and advice for sculpting your dream physique.
They can create a personalized workout routine for you and offer tips on healthy eating and how to stay motivated.
If you can't afford a personal trainer, consider joining a local gym or health club.
There are usually plenty of people there who are happy to help and offer advice.
Take before and after photos
Before starting your journey to getting lean legs, take a "before" photo. Then, every few weeks, take another picture to track your progress.
You may be surprised at how much your body changes in just a few short weeks!
Seeing your progress in photos is a great way to stay motivated and on track.
You may be interested in "22 Celebrities with sexy legs that we all love!"
The bottom line
Congratulations, you've made it to the end! We hope you found these exercises helpful and that you are feeling inspired to go out and rock those skinny jeans or shorts this summer.
Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither will your perfect legs. So be patient, consistent with your workouts, and most importantly, have fun.
Are there any other exercises you do at home to help improve your leg shape? Let us know in the comments below. In the meantime, be sure to read our other posts for more tips and advice on getting fit and looking fabulous.
DISCLAIMER: buildyourbody.org does not provide medical advice, examination, or diagnosis.
Medically reviewed and approved by Nataniel Josue M D.