Can Skinny legs get bigger? Yes, it is possible to make your skinny legs bigger, but it is not easy. Fortunately, you can make your legs seem more significant through diet, exercise, and discipline.
Do you want bigger legs? It’s time to stop worrying about your skinny legs. You can get more giant legs in just a few weeks with our program that will help you build muscle and burn fat fast.
This program helped thousands of women worldwide get the results they wanted, so why not join them today?
Our leg workout is designed by experts who know what it takes to build lean muscle mass and burn stubborn body fat. We are here for you every step of the way, so if you ever need anything or have any questions, we are always available to answer them!
Read this blog post right now and learn how to start building lean muscle mass on your skinny legs!
Leg exercises to get bigger legs
Here are some of the leg exercises that I’d like to recommend as an example of what you must do to start seeing changes in the appearance of your legs.
Legs are one of the most prominent muscle groups in the body, and there are many ways to work it out.
If you train two to three days each week with this full leg muscle workout, coupled with a protein diet, you will notice results.
The squat is a fantastic way to bulk up your legs. You can do them almost anywhere, and they work all of the muscles in your legs, buttocks, and slightly your upper body.
- To perform the activity, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Make sure your body weight is distributed on the balls of your feet rather than on the heels to avoid knee strain.
- Slowly descend until your thighs are parallel to the floor while maintaining a flat back.
- To return to the starting position, lean slightly forward as you come back up, making sure your hips first rise, and your heels stay on the floor.
- Squeeze the glutes and legs at the top of each rep for four sets of 15 to 20 reps. Between each set, rest for two minutes.
If you wish, you may hold a weight in each hand while squatting. Do this by holding the weights at your sides and repeating the exercise as previously described.
If you have a barbell, you may use it to add resistance to the exercise by placing it over your shoulder.
Lunges are an excellent leg exercise that improves strength and tone and increases the volume of the legs.
- To execute them, stand in a relaxed posture with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Put one foot forward until the thigh is parallel to the floor.
- At this point, bend both knees severely until the back leg’s knee nearly touches the floor.
- Keep your back straight during the exercise. You have to focus the weight on the heel of the front leg, and the back knee should not touch the floor.
- Continue lowering your body down, twisting at the hips as you do so. When you’ve dropped down, rotate 180 degrees again and raise yourself back up.
- After that, do four sets of 15 repetitions on each leg, taking care to rest for two minutes between sets.
For an extra bit of intensity, perform the lunges with dumbbells in each hand.
The major muscles of the legs and glutes are exercised during a step-up.
- Begin by standing in front of a stair. Raise your foot and land on the step with this leg, then raise your entire body.
- Make careful to put forth maximum effort with your thigh muscles when pushing off.
- Slowly and cautiously lower yourself down with one leg first, then the other. Do three sets of 12-15 repetitions each.
A chair or step, which you may get on Amazon or at a sports store for a reasonable price, is another way to make it work.
Calf raises are excellent for increasing muscle mass on the lower limbs.
- To execute them, stand straight with your feet together and your hands by your sides.
- Lean forward slightly with your back straight until you feel a stretch in the calf muscles.
- Raise yourself on tiptoe as high as possible before descending again until the heel of each foot touches the floor.
- Perform this movement with each leg ten times and rest for two minutes between sets.
The leg curl will give your lower body an excellent shape.
- To leg curls, sit on the machine with your legs crossed and place your heels in the loops, with your arms crossed in front of you.
- Use the handles to lift one leg upwards until it is entirely straight slowly. Pause for a moment and then lower the weight back down.
- Do two sets of 15 repetitions on each leg, taking care to rest for one minute between sets.
Leg presses, like squats, are an excellent exercise for building up your quadriceps and hamstrings. hips
Make sure you do not arch your back or bend your knees too deeply.
Do four sets of 15 repetitions with a two-minute break between them. It is possible to use weights to increase the intensity.
Stiff legged deadlifts
The stiff-legged deadlift mainly works your gluteus Maximus ham, strings, and quadriceps.
- To perform it, stand with your legs together and keep your eyes forward.
- Raise one leg behind you until it is in line with the body. At the same time, lower your upper body until it is parallel to the floor.
- Pause briefly at this point before raising yourself back up.
- Do two sets of 12-15 repetitions on each leg, taking care to rest for one minute between sets.
Hip abduction is one of the most excellent exercises to tone and gain weight in your legs and glutes.
- Lie on your side with your legs slightly bent. For stability and support, keep them firmly pressed together.
- Squeeze your glutes and legs as you lift your top leg.
- Do three sets of 15 repetitions with each leg, taking at least two minutes rest between sets.
- If you keep your leg up for two seconds, you’ll focus even more on your legs.
You can also use an elastic band or a weighted ankle brace on the lower leg to increase the intensity.
This activity is one of the most simple exercises to gain weight in your legs.
- To perform it, sit on the leg extension machine with your back firmly pressed against the support pad and make sure your knee is lined up with the axis of rotation.
- Grasp the handles by each side for support and lift them until they are almost fully extended vertically.
- Ensure you do not lock your knees at the top of the movement, then slowly lower them back to this start position.
- Do four sets of 15 repetitions with each leg, taking a minute’s rest between each set.
A slight variation of this exercise is to rotate your legs inwards (inward leg curl) slightly or outwards (outward leg curl) to target the inner or outer thigh muscles.
Now that you know these exercises get to work today and start building lean muscle mass on your skinny legs!
Foods to increase leg muscle growth
A diet with protein is suitable for your muscles to grow. Consume a wide range of whole grains, vegetables, fruits, and lean proteins, including meat, fish, or beans.
Furthermore, if you aim to increase leg muscle mass, you should eat between 1.3 and 1.5 grams of protein each day per kilogram of body weight.
Here’s a list of the most important meals to improve muscle volume.
Chicken breast is one of the meals that you can eat in large amounts without any issues. Furthermore, poultry has a high protein content, which promotes muscle growth.
For example, a 3oz (85g) cooked chicken breast contains 26 grams of protein, more than half of the recommended daily amount for a 110lb woman.
Red meat is high in protein and iron. Therefore, red meat is an excellent option to gain weight while also developing leg muscles.
It also contains valuable minerals such as zinc and copper, which help to boost testosterone levels. It also includes significant amounts of vitamin B 12, which is essential for human existence.
Fish is high in protein, with omega-3 fatty acids making up a significant portion of its composition. For example, salmon has approximately 23 grams of protein for 3 ounces (85g) cooked.
Beans, whether cooked or raw, are a good source of protein, carbohydrates, and fiber. For example, black beans contain approximately 22 grams of protein for 3oz (85g). In addition, fish and shellfish are excellent sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
Beans are an excellent source of protein. For example, 3 oz (85g) of cooked beans has about 18 grams of protein.
Eggs are high in quality protein. A single large egg contains 6 grams of protein or 10% of the recommended daily intake for a 50 kg person.
Sunflower seeds are high in vitamin E and magnesium, which can boost testosterone levels in the blood. In reality, they provide the most boron of any nuts.
Oat flakes are high in complex carbohydrates and fiber. They also have a large amount of protein, which aids in the development of muscle bulk.
Whole grain cereals
They’re high in complex carbohydrates and fiber. They also include a lot of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin E and magnesium.
Monounsaturated fatty acids in peanut butter are very effective for increasing testosterone levels. There are about 16 grams of protein in 3 ounces (85g).
Do you have to eat fat? The answer is yes, not all fat is harmful. Furthermore, healthy fat is necessary for a healthy body and muscles.
Nuts are a great source of protein, fiber, and minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc. They also contain unsaturated fatty acids found in olive oil, which help increase testosterone and muscle mass.
Nuts are also a good source of vitamin E. 1 cup of cashews has 14 grams of protein, while 1 cup of almonds has 13 grams.
Steps to take for bigger legs and buttocks
To increase the size of your legs and buttocks, you should eat meals that are high in calories. First, however, you should consume calories from nutritious foods.
These nutritious foods will make your legs appear bigger and more proportionate in a natural and lovely way. If you only gain fat, you’ll appear to have more volume in your legs, but it won’t look natural.
Following that, I’ll provide you with some diet advice. You’ll have a better chance of growing your thighs if you eat the appropriate way.
Eat five meals a day.
It is imperative to eat 5 times a day or every 3 hours to speed up your metabolism. Eating more often will keep your blood sugar levels stable and keep you from getting hungry between meals.
When you work out, your body needs more protein to help create and repair muscles, so make sure you consume enough.
Avoid junk food
Cookies and chips, for example, have a high glycemic index, which causes your blood sugar to rise rapidly. The body responds by producing a lot of insulin.
The macronutrients composing these calories are extremely easy to break down. That explains why you’ll feel weary and sleepy after consuming junk food,
When you’re not in the mood to work out, your metabolism will slow down, and you may begin putting on weight (obviously fatty tissue).
Drink a protein shake
Drink a whey protein shake after your workout is finished. This shake will assist you in rebuilding muscular tissue. It will also keep you from feeling hungry for several hours.
Whey protein is the most easily digested and rapidly absorbed type of protein. Keep this in mind when working towards your goal of gorgeous and sculpted legs.
Drink plenty of water
I can’t emphasize enough how crucial it is to drink a lot of water. Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning to boost your metabolism and eliminate toxins.
It would be best if you drank before exercising and every 15 minutes throughout the activity. You’ll stay hydrated and energized if you do this.
Avoid sugary beverages and drink plenty of water throughout the day. You’ll feel better if you drink more water, and it also aids in the proper digestion of your meals.
On the other hand, Sugary beverages are high in calories but not as nutritious as healthful meals. Therefore, avoid them as much as possible since they might cause you to bloat and even induce obesity.
Use healthy oils such as olive oil.
Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat that has not been shown to raise LDL (bad cholesterol) levels. Instead, olive oil has been found to aid in the reduction of blood pressure and heart disease.
This type of oil is high in nutrients and may be utilized for cooking and as a condiment. In addition, monounsaturated fats are present in avocado, nuts, and olives.
Lifting weights will allow you to have bigger thighs by building up muscles. The more muscle tissue you have, the more calories you’ll burn up at rest.
You may be interested in “Does walking tone your butt?“
We’ve compiled a list of all the strategies, methods, and workouts that can help you bulk up your thighs. You’ll be shocked at how quickly your jeans fit better once you follow these instructions.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything else we can do for you or if you have any queries about how to begin this journey.
Stay tuned with your body and mind, and get ready for more and better information coming in our future articles. (Trusted Sources 1*, 2*, three *)
DISCLAIMER: buildyourbody.org does not provide medical advice, examination, and diagnosis.
Medically reviewed and approved by Nataniel Josue M D.