Can I maintain body weight during pregnancy? Can you have a beautiful body when you’re pregnant? During this fascinating period, our body suffers several changes and especially weight gain.
How to maintain body weight during pregnancy? To have a beautiful body and maintaining body weight during pregnancy, you have to eat a healthy diet and combine it with moderate exercise. Before doing any physical activity or changing your diet, you should consult your doctor to avoid putting you and your baby’s health at risk.
View this post on Instagram
Can I maintain body weight during pregnancy? Can you have a beautiful body when you're pregnant? During this fascinating period, our body suffers many changes and especially weight gain. To keep your figure, you have to be active by doing physical activity and eating healthy. We will teach you how to do this: Some tricks to keep your shape during pregnancy. Some exercises you can do. Also, we will advise you about the foods you should eat if you are pregnant and want to keep your figure. Read the complete article on www.buildyourbody.org #pregnantlife #pregnant #pregnantbelly #pregnancy #fitpregnancy #pregnantmom #babylove #babybump #instamom #pregnantlifestyle #loveyourebody #schwanger2017 #wennausliebelebenwird #mommytobe #doppeltesglück #twins #mom2be #zwillinge #babysinside #tattoomom #zwillinge2017 #pregnancyphoto #mamavonzwillingen #lovemybabybelly #pregnancyphotos #pregnantfashion #babygirls #love #twogirlsinside #teampink
To keep your figure, you have to be active by doing physical activity and eating healthy. We will teach you how to do this:
- Some tricks to keep your shape during pregnancy.
- Some exercises you can do.
- We will also advise you about the foods you should eat if you are pregnant and want to keep your figure.
How to maintain body weight during pregnancy
Tricks to keep your body beautiful during pregnancy:
Control what you eat
A pregnant woman needs to eat at most 2500 calories per day to stay healthy. You need to consume between 2000 and 2500 calories per day ( 1*.) We will divide these calories into four meals: breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, and dinner.
You can control your weight with a diet rich in vitamins C, B vitamins, and the ideal weight gain in pregnancy is 11 kg.
Rest is essential to keep in shape, so you can be less stressed and control your weight.
When you sleep poorly, stress alters your body’s levels, and you will want to eat everything.
It’s also essential to take a short nap, even if it’s only 30 minutes or an hour a day. Your body will relax, and you will avoid water retention.
At night, try to sleep on your left side. That allows nutrients to reach the baby and eliminates waste from the kidneys. It also helps to keep the weight off your back and waist.
Even if you are pregnant, you should continue to keep in shape, with some movements such as walking, aerobic exercises, yoga, and swimming (2*.)
These are some activities that can help you keep in shape:
- Swimming, which avoids pressure on the joints while working all the muscles
- Walking prevents swelling of the legs and feet and improves circulation.
- Pilates strengthens the muscles and improves circulation in the belly.
For more information on this, read our article “Exercise during pregnancy.”
Drink plenty of water
Water is essential for the body. With this, you will be keeping yourself hydrated, but you will also be releasing toxins from the body.
Avoid overexposure to the sun.
When you are pregnant, your skin is more sensitive, so you should avoid exposing yourself to the sun since exposure to the sun can stain your skin. It would be best if you used a high protection sunscreen.
Massage your tummy and legs
Massage your belly and legs with a hot shower or cream; this will control stretch marks and prevent them from appearing (3*.)
Take it easy because if you’re at a fast pace, you’re going to get stressed out. To relax you can listen to music, be with friends, take a yoga class. It is necessary to rest to balance your body and mind ( 4*.)
Stress is the worst enemy pregnant women face because it slows down the metabolism, which results in more weight gain.
Healthy food to keep a beautiful and fit body; what you eat will be critical as cravings are very tempting. Ideally, you should eat fresh, healthy food.
Exercises to do during pregnancy.
To relax your waist and spine.
- Lie on your back on a mat.
- Place your knees on your chest and hold them with your hands.
- Gently rock from side to side without your knees touching the floor and with your spine flat on the floor.
- Do this exercise for 2 or 3 minutes.
To loosen the lower back.
- Position yourself on a quadruped with your forearms and knees on a mat.
- Move your pelvis sideways with gentle perpendicular movements.
- Perform this exercise for 2 or 3 minutes.
To soothe your legs and arms
- Standing, spread your legs, and at the knees semi-bent.
- Lift one arm up and then the other.
- Do this for 2 or 3 minutes.
Vaginal muscle contraction exercises
These movements strengthen the pelvic floor muscles so that after pregnancy, you can continue to take care of your body.
- To do this, you will repeatedly contract and relax your pelvic floor, thus preventing urinary incontinence.
- Do this at least three times a week.
Cardiovascular or aerobic training.
During the first months of pregnancy, you can continue with your usual exercise routine. You can start with a gentle, low-impact pace such as walking or swimming for 30 minutes, three times a week.
However, you can go to spinning or dance classes to avoid dangerous movements.
Eating to maintain your figure:
- Consume high-value protein throughout pregnancy, but especially during the second and third trimesters. These are the raw material to develop the cells of your body and your baby’s. We can find these proteins in lean meats, beans, eggs, fish.
- Skimmed milk: to avoid gaining weight quickly, consume milk, yogurt, and low-fat cheese.
- Fruits and vegetables: eat as much variety of color as possible, as they provide more vitamins and minerals. We recommend you to have at least two servings.
Before doing any physical activity or changing your diet, you should consult your doctor to avoid putting you and your baby’s health at risk during pregnancy.