Can your buttocks shrink? Yes, your buttocks can shrink. That is often a result of weight loss, as the fatty tissues in this area are among the first to go. However, there are exercises you can do to help keep your buttocks toned and lifted. Squats and lunges are two great options.
Exercises to make your buttocks smaller
If you’re looking to make your buttocks smaller, you can do a few specific exercises to target this area.
Besides weight training, a cardio workout is critical if you’re looking to tone your tush.
By elevating your heart rate and breaking a sweat, you’ll be able to target those butt muscles areas and see results in no time. Here are a few of the best cardio exercises for a smaller behind:
- Jumping jacks: Not only do jumping jacks get your heart pumping, but they also work your glutes, quads, and hamstrings.
- Running: Running is a great way to burn calories and slim down, including your butt.
- Burpees: These full-body moves will increase your heart rate while toning your legs and butt.
If you need to lose weight or reduce body fat, cardio exercises are a great way to help you slim down all over, including your butt.
So next time you’re looking to shape up, don’t forget about cardio! These exercises will help you achieve a smaller behind in no time.
Squats target the muscles in the buttocks and thighs and can help to tone and sculpt these areas.
You don’t want a flat butt, so focus on getting a nice, deep squat. Here’s how:
- To do a basic squat, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands at your sides.
- Slowly lower yourself down as if you’re going to sit in a chair.
- Keep your back straight and your knees over your ankles as you descend.
- Once your thighs are parallel to the ground, hold for a count of two, then slowly stand back up.
You can do squats with your body weight or with dumbbells held at shoulder level. Start with three sets of eight to 12 reps and work up from there.
With regular practice, you’ll soon see a difference in the size and shape of your buttocks.
You can perform lunges anywhere – in your living room, at the park, or even at the office (ask your boss first!).
Lunges tone your butt and thighs, and if you do them with weights, they can also help build muscle.
- To do a basic lunge, stand with your feet hip-width apart and put your hands on your hips.
- Step forward with your left leg and lower your body until both knees are bent at about a 90-degree angle.
- Keep your front knee behind your front toes and your core engaged in not arching your back.
- Push off with your front leg to return to the starting position, and then repeat with the other leg.
You can add variety to lunges by adding weights, doing them on an incline, or even adding a jump. So get out there and start toning those legs!
One of the most effective exercises for reducing the size of your buttocks is the hip thrust.
This exercise targets the gluteus medius and minimus, which are the muscles that give your butt its shape.
- Start by lying on your back with your feet flat on the ground and your knees bent to do a hip thrust.
- Place your hands on the ground for support. Next, raise your hips so that your body forms a straight line from your knees to your shoulders.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then lower your hips back to the starting position.
- Repeat for 10-15 repetitions.
You can also add weight to this exercise by holding a dumbbell or barbell across your hips. That will help challenge your muscles and further reduce the size of your butt.
If you’re looking for exercises to make your buttocks smaller, glute bridges are a great option.
This simple move targets the gluteal muscles, helping to tone and shape the buttocks.
- To do a glute bridge, lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Place your hands on the ground for support if needed.
- Then, raise your hips off the ground, using your glutes to power the movement.
- Hold this position before lowering back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for 10-15 repetitions.
Glute bridges can be performed with or without weight, making them accessible for all fitness levels. Add them to your workout routine a few times per week to see results.
Foods that can help make your buttocks smaller
Diet is also an essential factor if you’re looking for ways to make your buttocks smaller.
Certain foods can help reduce the size of your butt, and incorporating them into your diet can be a great way to complement your workout routine.
A healthy diet is essential for overall health and fitness, so eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
Some of the best foods for reducing the size of your buttocks include:
Protein is essential for building and maintaining muscle. Eating lean protein can help reduce the size of your buttocks by helping to build and maintain muscle mass.
Complex carbs are a great source of energy, and they can also help reduce water retention. That can help to make your buttocks appear smaller.
Drinking plenty of water is essential for overall health, and it can also help reduce the size of your buttocks. Water helps flush out toxins and excess water weight, making your butt look more prominent.
Green tea is a great way to get your daily dose of antioxidants. It can also help to increase your metabolism and promote fat loss.
Fiber-rich foods can help reduce constipation and bloat, both of which can make your butt look bigger. Incorporating fiber-rich foods into your diet can help to give you a flatter, more petite butt.
So, can your buttocks shrink? Making your buttocks smaller takes time and effort, but it is possible to see results if you’re consistent with your workout routine and eating habits.
Try incorporating some of the exercises and foods listed above into your routine to lose fat and help to reduce the size of your buttocks.
DISCLAIMER: buildyourbody.org does not provide medical advice, examination, or diagnosis.
Medically reviewed and approved by Nataniel Josue M D.