Are you looking for a new workout? I know it’s hard to find time to work out. But, with the Hourglass Workout, you can fit a great workout into your day in just 30 minutes.
We’re in fitness, so we know how hard it can be to find the right workout.
That’s why we love helping people stay focused on their health and wellness as they grow by providing them with an effective way to exercise at home.
The hourglass workout is an easy and effective way to get an hourglass shape.
This interval training system will help you burn calories and build muscle without spending hours at the gym.
How to do an hourglass figure workout?
Whittled waistline? You can have it even if your body type is apple or pear.
The secret to your hourglass shape is in the midsection, which you can train using this simple interval training system.
It will help you burn calories and build muscle without spending hours at the gym.
The hourglass workout is a great way to get a better body shape and tone your muscles. Besides, you will feel more energized after you are done.
Keep reading for step-by-step instructions on how you can do an hourglass workout in your own home!
We recommend incorporating our workout routine into your schedule between 3 and 4 days a week, always with at least one rest day in the middle.
If any of these exercises don’t suit you, we encourage you to look through some other options on the Fitness section, where there are many more workouts from which to choose!
- Jumping Jacks 3×20 reps
- Push-ups 3×10-12
- Squats 3×10-15 reps
- Lunges 3×10-15
- Planks 3×30 sec
Equipment you will need for the hourglass workout
You do not need any equipment to complete this workout, and you can do it at home in your living room or on your patio. You can even take this workout outside if you want! All you really need is a timer and space to move around.
What you should wear during an hourglass workout
During an hourglass workout, you will want to wear comfortable clothes you can move in. Avoid any clothes you have to pull up or down because you need free movement during the exercises. You should wear shoes that you can comfortably run around in for your feet but not so tight you cannot change direction quickly if you need to.
What you should eat before you do the hourglass workout
An hourglass workout is a great workout you can do at home so that you won’t need any complicated pre-workout routines. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t eat anything, though! Before you start your main workout, you should have a small snack to keep you energized and help you get through your workout. A piece of fruit, yogurt, or a cup of cereal are all great options.
Hourglass workout routine exercises
You will be doing a mix of compound exercises to tone all your muscles. You should choose an exercise you are comfortable with and perform 4 sets for 10-12 reps for each. You don’t have to finish the entire hourglass workout in one go, and you can break it up into two or more workout sessions you do on different days of the week.
You can complete this workout anywhere you choose as long as you have enough room to move around and are comfortable with your equipment. It will take you less than 30 minutes to complete, and you will get amazing results in just a few weeks!
Jumping Jacks is a great exercise to warm up and starting your hourglass workout. This compound exercise will work your lower body, core, and shoulders all at the same time!
How to do it:
- To do the Jumping Jacks, you have to stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart and extend your arms out to the side.
- You can bend your knees to make sure you are low enough to jump in the air. Then you will quickly jump both your legs, so they land outside your arms.
- Next, you lower your legs and bring your arms back to the starting position, so they are out to the side again.
Push-ups exercise is excellent for your upper body because you work your chest muscles, upper arms, and core. In addition, you can add a twist to your push-ups during the workout.
You will need a bit of space for push-ups, but you don’t need anything fancy. All you need is a nice clear space you can lie down on the floor and get up from.
How to do it:
- You will start by placing your hands flat on the floor at about shoulder-width apart and your feet together. To do one rep, you must maintain a straight line with your body.
- Lower yourself to the ground, so your chest almost touches the floor, then push back up using your arms.
- Each push-up you do should include your entire body, and you should make sure your hips don’t sag to the ground, or you will not get the full effect of this exercise.
- Return to the starting position.
- To make pushups easier until you gain strength, do them on the floor with your knees bent.
Squats are excellent for your lower body because you work your legs, glutes, and core simultaneously. Squats are a staple of any good workout, but you have to make sure you get the right kind.
How to do it:
- Start in a standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Make sure you can see yourself in a mirror or get too distracted because you need to sit back as if you were sitting in a chair. Keep your back straight and keep a neutral spine throughout the entire squat you do.
- Keep your feet in the same position you started with and lower yourself to a seated position.
- Your hips should go below your knees when you do this exercise so you can get the maximum benefit from your squats.
- Slowly push back up, and return to starting position
A lunge is an exercise you can do to work your leg muscles. You can also work your glutes, and you will be working your core muscles too. Lunges are a great exercise you can do anywhere you have enough space, and you don’t need any fancy equipment.
How to do it:
- You start in a standing position with your feet hip-width apart, and you step forward with one leg into a lunge.
- Your back leg should remain straight as you lean over and bend your front knee.
- Motion to return to the original position, and you will be making another lunge on the other side.
Planks are an isometric exercise you will need to hold for 30 seconds. They work your core muscles, and you can do them anywhere you have space on the floor.
How to do it:
- You start by lying on your stomach, then lift yourself onto your toes and elbows with your arms bent at a 90-degree angle, so you are propped up like a plank.
- Keep your back straight, and you shouldn’t let your hips sag, or you won’t get the full effect of this exercise.
What to eat to get an hourglass figure
An hourglass figure isn’t something you are born with, you have to work for it, and you will need to know what you should eat to get this figure.
You have to follow a healthy diet and avoiding extra calories from high-fat foods because they can add bulk you don’t want around your waistline. For your overall health, you need to include in your diet:
To get an hourglass figure and gain or lose weight, you need to eat proteins. Every cell in the body contains protein. Protein from food strengthens and maintains bones, muscles, and skin. You can get them from:
- Dairy and foods you can make with them (like yogurt)
Eat these foods, but you should only eat them in moderation, and you need to watch your portions.
If you want to have an hourglass figure, it is essential to eat healthy fats because you need the nutrients they provide to support healthy skin, hair, joints, and brain function.
You should eat these foods which you can find these fats in:
- Olives and olive oil
You should always have foods you get from carbohydrates because they will give you the energy you need to do your workout.
Carbohydrates are important for your body, but you must eat complex carbohydrates you can find in vegetables.
Also, it would be best if you avoid processed sugars. Carbs you can eat are:
- Whole grains
- Brown rice
Our Hourglass Workout is a new fitness program that will help you achieve the body shape and curves to impress.
This high-intensity workout takes only 30 minutes, but it packs enough punch for anyone who wants an hourglass figure.
We are confident this routine will increase your weight loss, give you more definition in your abs, hips, thighs, and butt with less time commitment than other workouts out there! (Trusted sources 1*, 2*, 3*)
Disclaimer: buildyourbody.org doesn’t provide medical advice, treatment, or diagnosis.
Medically reviewed and approved by Nataniel Josue M D.