Are you looking for a 7-minute workout? Most people don’t have enough time to go to the gym, but they still want to be fit and healthy.
You know you should be working out more, but it’s hard to find the time between work, family, and social obligations. And even if you do manage to find a spare hour or two, going to the gym can be tedious.
The 7-minute workout is the solution for you. This high-intensity workout takes only seven minutes and can be done anywhere without any equipment.
Benefits of 7-9 minutes workouts
- 7-9 Minutes workout gives you an edge in terms of cardiorespiratory performance.
- It burns calories and tones up all major muscle groups.
- It increases the heart rate and aids in the burning of more calories.
- Also, it improves brain performance
How to do the 7-minute workouts
Do each exercise with a 50/10 interval (50 seconds of maximum effort followed by 10 seconds of rest). Repeat all in 2 rounds.
Important: You will get the best results if you work hard and do the exercises as quickly as possible while still doing them correctly.
If you are a beginner:
- Repeat the exercises for 30 seconds, then take a 30-second rest.
- Do the variations I suggest after each exercise.
Exercises for a complete 7-minute workout
Now I will teach you the best exercises you can do in a 7-minute workout.
For solid abs, you need a strong core, which is why planks are essential. In addition, you will need just your body weight for this exercise.
Planks are an easy and effective exercise for your abdominal muscles at the office or home.
To do a plank, you need to get into a push-up position and then tighten your abs, and hold that position for 30 seconds.
The more you can hold it, the stronger your abs will build. That is what you have been looking for!
How you do it
- Lie down on the floor with your face down and your stomach on top of your thighs.
- Then lift your body to form a straight line from head to toes.
- Keep your back in a straight line, and don’t let it sag, or you will not benefit from this exercise.
- Hold that position for as long you can.
Raise one arm in front of you, then switch arms. Alternating sides train your obliques muscles.
Plank is a good exercise for beginners, so I’ll avoid providing you with an easy variation.
If you find planks too easy, you can try bicycle crunches or sit-ups.
Do you want a beautiful lower body? For you to have a good butt, you need to do squats.
This easy exercise will take you all the way, and it is excellent if you want toned legs and firm thighs.
How to do it
- To do a squat, you stand up with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Then you lower yourself to a sitting position like sitting in a chair.
- When you get to the sitting position, you need to push yourself back up, doing a great squat!
The more you can lower your body, the more you will benefit from this exercise. So do it as if you were on fire!
If you find that difficult, you can bend your knees slightly, still getting the same result you want.
Wall sits an excellent alternative for beginners that you can do without leaving the house.
To do wall sits, you need to lean against a wall and bring your back flat against it.
Then you bend your legs, and you lower yourself as far as you can while keeping your back flat against the wall at all times.
Jump squats are great if you want to speed up your metabolism, and you will burn fat much faster than you would with any other exercise.
To do this, you need to lower yourself like you were doing a regular squat, but when you reach the sitting position, you jump up in the air as high as possible.
Push-ups are great because you will strengthen your entire body while training your chest and back muscles.
There are many benefits to doing push-ups. They work out your upper body, tone your arms, and strengthen your shoulders. Plus, they stress your core, which is excellent for improving your back.
If you do not want to get hurt, you need to do them slowly. However, you don’t want to overdo it the first time you try push-ups, so I suggest starting with 4 sets of 5 repetitions.
How you do it
- Lie on the ground, face down with your hands shoulder-width apart.
- Your feet should be together, and you need to keep your entire body straight. For example, your rib cage needs to stay close to the floor.
- Then it would be best if you lower yourself slowly with your head facing the floor lower your chest as close as you can to get it to the ground without touching it.
- Pause for a second. Then you push yourself back up again.
If you find it difficult, you can start with doing them against a wall or placing your knees on the ground instead of your feet.
That way, you might be able to avoid some injuries you would have otherwise. Pay attention; you are not putting too much pressure on your knees.
Lunges are a great exercise that works your legs and butt. However, you have to be careful because you won’t benefit from them if you don’t do them correctly.
Many people in the fitness world love performing lunges because they work your lower body, and you can do them at home.
How you do it
A crucial step you need to pay attention to avoid injuries and get the most benefits you want from this exercise is performing lunges this way:
- You stand straight with your feet hip-width apart, and you lower yourself by taking one big step forward with your right leg. Your left knee should almost touch the ground.
- Then it would be best if you pushed yourself back up again by using your power from your abs and straightening your legs while you are doing this.
- Bring your left foot forward to get in the original standing position.
You now need to lunge on the other side, and you keep doing that with the same leg you just used for as many sets as you want.
If you find that difficult, you can use a chair or anything else you can put your hands on to help you balance yourself.
Jumping Jacks are a classic, great for increasing your heart rate and getting your blood pumping quickly. You also burn more calories than you would do other exercises.
Jumping Jacks are great because you can do them anywhere you want, at home or outside. They are essential in any short workout.
They are also effortless to learn. But, first, you need to watch the video tutorial.
If you find you are jumping too high, you should lower the height you jump until you get used to doing them.
An excellent exercise you can do without equipment because you only need your own body.
Walk Outs are perfect if you want to strengthen your core, and you will tone your abs quickly, but you should pay attention to not overexert yourself.
How you do it
Your feet should be shoulder-width apart. Next, you lean forward and put your hands on the ground. You then walk out with your arms for as many sets as you want.
Keep your back straight, and you contract your abs to stand you up again.
Do not rush because you will pull a muscle. That is why it’s essential to take small steps to increase the number of sets you do slowly.
If you find you are not getting enough of a workout, you can do it on your toes instead of the balls of your feet.
If you find this exercise too demanding, you can do push-ups instead.
Our expert advice
Even if you can only do a little, it’s better than doing nothing. So try training 3-5 times a week to help improve your fitness level.
If you do these 7-minute sessions regularly for two weeks, you will probably get the hang of it and even increase the length of your workouts.
Are 7-minute workouts effective?
Yes, short workouts (7 and 10 minutes, for example) are an excellent way to get your body moving. The more you move each day, the better you will feel and the sooner you will meet your fitness goals!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to get in shape, look no further than the 7-minute workout.
You can do this high-intensity routine at home or in the gym, and it’s been shown to be just as effective as traditional hour-long workouts.
Ready to give it a try? Read on for instructions on how to perform the 7-minute workout, then check out our other fitness articles for tips on staying motivated and getting the most out of your training.
Are you excited to start seeing results with this time-saving routine?
Medically reviewed and approved by Nataniel Josue M D.